PharmaEssentia releases English Sustainability Report for 2020 and new ESG Website
2021 / 09 / 16
PharmaEssentia’s comprehensive sustainability report and interactive website transparently illustrates the company’s ESG progress and performance in working towards its long-term business goals.
2021.09. 16 (Taipei) (PharmaEssentia, 6446)
Highlights of 2020 ESG activities and performance
- Third-party ESG report verification: For the first time, the company’s Sustainability Report is verified by British Standards Institute (BSI).
- SASB Disclosures: For our 2020 report we added disclosures in line with the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB) for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries in the appendix to provide more decision-useful information to our investors.
- Risk Management: This year, we introduced the corporate risk management (ERM) structure jointly issued by the US COSO and the World Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- Industry-relevant metrics: In 2020, PharmaEssentia has disclosed ESG performance indicators relevant to our biotech new drug industry by referencing standards used by Sustainalytics, MSCI, Access to Medicine 2020 and others.
- Value Creation: The 2020 sustainability report demonstrates how PharmaEssentia is aligning long-term business strategic goals and making progress in the management of 14 material ESG issues which have significant impact on long-term value creation.
- New ESG Website: The new ESG website promotes interaction and engagement with relevant stakeholders and provides useful and comprehensive ESG information for investment decision-making. The dedicated ESG website link is http://www.pharmaessentia-esg.com/en
- 14 Material Topics: In 2020, PharmaEssentia has identified 14 significant ESG material issues within five key pharmaceutical /biotech industry specific themes: Business ethics, integrity and compliance; product quality and patients’ safety; human capital management; environmental impact; access to healthcare and medicine pricing.
- Top 20% in CG Assessment: PharmaEssentia made further improvements this past year to rank in the TOP 20% of the TPEx Corporate Governance Evaluation.
- Index Constituent: The company is included in domestic and foreign index stocks: such as TPEx 200 Index, TIP Taiwan Bio Index (Taiwan-listed OTC Biotechnology Medical Index), MSCI emerging market SMEs etc.
About PharmaEssentia and the Corporate Sustainability Center
PharmaEssentia is a fully integrated protein biopharmaceutical company . By the end of 2020, the first new drug product Ropeginterferon alfa-2b (P1101, BESREMi) for the treatment of rare blood diseases- PV (Polycythemia Vera) has successfully obtained marketing authorization approval in many countries in Europe Taiwan and is expected to receive FDA BLA approval in 2021.
We have formally established a Corporate Sustainability Development Center to plan, execute, manage and monitor all identified ESG material issues. The basis of major ESG issues is where we as a pharmaceutical / biotech company can make the most important contribution to patients. We are gradually integrating ESG issues such as environment, society, and governance (economics) with the company's decision-making in the areas of strategic direction, operational planning and corporate culture, and continue to optimize the company's advantages to enhance her competitiveness. The representative of the Sustainable Development Center will report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
- For more information , Please contact CSR-ESG@pharmaessentia.com
- Tel: +886 2 26557688
- For the full report, please go to http://www.pharmaessentia-esg.com/en